Saturday, June 19, 2010

WHAT MADE DRAKE SAD ON HIS ALBUM RELEASE DATE?


On what should have been the happiest day of his life, Drake was sad.

Drake’s long awaited debut cd Thank Me Later was released yesterday to lines around the block, appearances on 106 and Park and radio interviews across the country, the only thing missing was Lil Wayne. In a radio interview yesterday Drake said,

“It was sad, because today was a day I wanted Wayne with me bad. He believed in me before anybody… I miss him.. It’s sad to see him in that situation… And him not being able to record music… I can see it in his eyes, it’s a painful thing.”

A free concert at New York City’s South Street Seaport featuring Drake and the group Hanson was canceled yesterday when the organizers found themselves overwhelmed by the number of fans, some who turned unruly. A crowd of about 10,000 was expected, but Fox News reported that as many as 25,000 packed the Pier 17 area for the show.

Organizers said in a statement that the event was canceled after the situation was no longer safe. Fights broke out and video recorded chairs being thrown into the crowd. The police arrested two people, for obstructing government administration and disorderly conduct, and three people were treated for minor injuries. Drake never took the stage and later tweeted:

“I am so disappointed. To all the devoted fans that came out I wish you could have seen what I had planned! Until next time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment